I have been a very bad blogger! So much has happened in the past few months. We will start at:
June- Sean and I made the very hard decision to leave our life in NH and move back to Michigan so that he could attend the michigan state police academy. My dad, and Sean's mom
and dad came out to help with the move. It was quite a experience. :) we couldn't have done it without our family that is for sure.
Once we were back to MI, we had one week before Sean started the academy. That week we just tried to get settled in (we are living at my parents house while he is in the academy and until we know where he will be stationed and buy a house). We also were able to do a tour of the hospital where I would be having the baby. :)
I had 2 baby showers this month as well. It was so much fun, and I finally felt prepared for this baby! I got so many lovely gifts and really felt blessed to be able to be so close to family and friends.
July- Sean had been in the academy for about a month. It is very challenging for him and it is especially hard for me to be away from him all week.
I was feeling VERY pregnant the month of July. I had aches, pains and I was pretty ready to meet our baby girl. (we called her "baby girl" this month because we didn't have a name for her until her birth day!) We also found out our little one was in the breech position and had no intention of moving.
August- My doctor scheduled me for a csection at just about 40 weeks because our girl was still in the breech position. Of course this made me a bit nervous but I understood that it was the safest thing for our baby and I just wanted her to come into the world healthy. So...we were able to schedule it for Friday August 10th (which was great because Sean could be there and stay for the weekend). My sister, Elizabeth, was able to come up that week as well. It was so fun having her and my niece an nephew there to keep me busy that week.
We welcomed Penelope May Thomas into the world on August 10th at 2:39pm. She was a happy and healthy little girl!
Below are some pictures from the last couple months.




I love all these pics! Great update. Can you believe all of those moments have gone by? What a busy season for you! :D
ReplyDeleteOh I know! I really can't believe it... This has been quite a year so far!
Delete