Well, Mondays can be quite a drag. And of course rainy Mondays are even more of a challenge. Today my day consisted of getting up bright and early and going with Sean to his doctors appointment. He had another (and hopfully last) MRI done, this time on his back. We wont know what the results are until Wednesday. I sure wish he would feel better...
Then I was off to work for a full day of court and unexpected surprises at every turn. As a Victim Witness Advocate I dont often talk about what my work day consisted of... I guess its kind of depressing at times. But some days are really great and thats what gets you through the depressing days. Today was not one of those great days. But thats okay. It always amazes me when I see those once strong and feirce girls, that at one point put every effort into standing up to their abusers and doing the right thing, come in to me a few weeks later and decide that this abuser has "changed" and they no longer want to "press charges". I usually sit down with them and give my "speech". I dont know if it ever registers with them, but I guess the most important thing I tell them is that no matter what if they decide down the line that they do want to cooperate with the prosecution we will always be here to help in any way we can. I guess sometimes they are just not ready... On the brighter side of my day, 3 repair guys were finally caught that were fugitives we wanted in Maine. They scammed a 90 year old man out of almost $80,000 by charging him an outrageous amount of money for doing numerous odd jobs around his house that were never completed or hardly completed. I hate crimes where people take advantage of the elderly!
It is now about 8:30pm and I just finished dinner. Sean is now working 2nd shift (which is 3pm to 11pm) so he will be home late and its his last day on, so he is off tomorrow and Wednesday, yay! I am going to go read my baby book in bed. I am 24 weeks tomorrow and I love reading up on my week ahead and see how my little girl is growing! She is moving quite a bit now. I have even felt her hiccup and Sean was able to feel her bumping through my tummy one night. She is getting so big!!
No comments:
Post a Comment